Email Marketing and How to Use MailChimp to Increase Sales
An e-mail marketing strategy is one of the most effective marketing strategies and campaigns used by any brand in its various industries and target audiences, with its email marketing strategy containing many features, benefits, and goals that you can enjoy, access, and achieve for your brand and online business.
These benefits revolve around the fact that e-mail is one of the free marketing channels, which means you won't have to pay anything to use it in marketing and promoting your business. In addition, there are more than 3 billion e-mail users worldwide, which means you guarantee one of the most important factors and components of the success of your brand's e-marketing, which is to reach as many target customers as possible. Of course, there are a large number of these billions.
There are many amazing marketing and business results and objectives recorded as a result of previous marketing campaigns, the most important of which have been to raise awareness of commercial identity, increase brand sales, increase conversion rates to the website, online store, social media platforms, and so on.
In addition to all of these goals and numerous marketing campaigns, the stages and steps of implementing the e-mail marketing strategy will be expanded and improved, as will the use of modern e-commerce automation tools and the use of one of the tools and applications to carry out the tasks of the marketing campaign to ensure the best, smartest experience and marketing and promotional results for online brands.
This is the topic of today's article on the "Expandcart" e-commerce blog. Together, we will address the most well-known and prominent launch and creation of professional and effective e-mail marketing campaigns, mailChimp, but first we will learn about some important paragraphs about e-mail marketing and its importance, as well as the types of messages that can be used in marketing campaigns, which are as follows:
- What exactly does email marketing entail?
- What kind of email?!
- Figures and data on e-mail marketing are important.
- How can you connect MailChimp utility to your online store?!
What exactly does email marketing entail?
According to one HubSpot statistic, the first marketing email was sent with the goal of promoting a brand in 1978, and the business instantly reported sales of $13 million as a consequence of consumer contact with this marketing message.
Then came the evolution of thought and interest in e-mail as one of the most important marketing channels used in the world of e-marketing to this day, and even with the emergence of the power of marketing through social media platforms, e-mail marketing occupies a huge position of importance and is one of the most effective ways to achieve many important business goals for any brand, and if you are a researcher and interested in how professional e-marketing works, As one of the abilities and success criteria in e-marketing, you will need to grasp e-mail marketing.
The concept of e-mail marketing is to use various e-mail sites to send advertising and promotional messages about brands and their products and services, and as the marketing field has evolved, the use of e-mails has evolved from a promotional tool to discovering that an e-mail marketing strategy contributes to several important business objectives, such as:
- Create a deep and genuine relationship with your consumers.
- Increase your sales rate.
- Boost conversion rates.
- Obtain a dependable and long-term audience
- Share the most recent brand updates and news.
- promoting the list of new products and services
- Discover more about customer reviews, thoughts, and opinions.
E-mail marketing is not limited to sending random emails without study or analysis, so there are many steps and strategies to be implemented to make the most of e-mail and use it as an effective tool in promoting, selling, and generating revenue and profits, but let's learn about the different types of emails and the fundamental concepts behind them.
What kind of email?!
The sorts of emails vary between many distinct concepts and purposes, as each firm has its own industry and marketing and commercial objectives that differ from other projects and business activities, even if they are in the same area or industry.
So there are numerous and different purposes for email marketing messages, and below we will look at the most common and common forms of emails used in marketing campaigns, as well as what their usage aims are.
1-there are transactional e-mail messages.
Transaction communications or transactions are one of the most common and widely used forms of emails, and we will discuss some of the many types of welcome and confirmation messages below.
These communications have the highest open and click-rates of any type since the client is already expecting them and wants to identify the brand to which they have recently subscribed.
This type of email differs greatly from marketing emails in that it is not intended to be directly marketing or promotional in any way, but rather to provide the new customer with the necessary information or to communicate with him automatically and automatically following any events or interactions he has participated in via a website or mobile app.
One of the most common kinds of transactional emails is:
Welcome emails are one of the most important marketing and transaction messages to pay close attention to because they are the means by which you can make a first impression of your brand on these subscribers, so you should be careful to send some information about your business so that the customer can gain full knowledge of what your brand has to offer.
After leaving this information and previous experience about your business and succeeding in leaving a distinct and successful initial impression and footprint, it will now be simple to move this potential customer to a new stage of purchasing and becoming qualified and willing to interact and purchase the products or services your brand offers.
When a subscriber joins through your online store, a welcome email is issued, increasing its click and opening rate because the subscriber is first inquisitive about everything about your website or store.
This is a welcome message from MailChimp, as seen in the previous image, that he immediately emailed us as soon as an account was established through the site.
We receive messages like this almost every day, confirming any action or order you've completed through a website or online store, such as when registering for a site to use one of its services or purchasing a product from an online store.
This message is particularly developed and delivered to confirm the customer's activity in order to give them a sense of comfort and confidence that they are dealing with a genuine and professional company or brand.
Feedback Request Email
Whether you are providing a product or a service, providing a better consumer experience is the goal of any brand that seeks success, progress, and excellence among its customers. Customer feedback, reviews, and evaluations are the most important factors that help you achieve more success by knowing and improving the positives while also identifying the negatives and obstacles to address and overcome.
By providing poll request messages and comments from your current consumers, you will recognize the positives and disadvantages and boost the customer's sense of significance and discrimination, as well as that his opinion is constructive, effective, and vital for your business.
This form of communication increases the client's sense of security, assuring him that he is a special customer whose actions are being tracked and monitored, i.e. that the brand we are dealing with will discover it when a problem arises or an inquiry is required.
These messages are responsible for alert alerts for certain customer account activities such as changing your password or phone number, attempting to login in from another account or device, inputting payment info or utilizing payment data at purchase, and so on.
Advice from a professional? Don't forget to check that any interactive emails are acceptable for mobile phone users.
there are informational emails.
Media messages differ from various sorts and forms of emails, and the choice of any of these types is dependent on the aim of delivering the message as well as the target audience group, which we shall discuss further below.
Newsletters are one of the most effective ways to communicate with your customers. By sending and providing the most recent news and information about your brand and its products or services on a weekly or monthly basis, and sharing this information with your consumer customers, you will improve their communication power and connection with the business identity of your company.
However, these messages are not just designed to offer the most recent news and information; they can also be utilized as an effective technique to achieve a variety of other business goals, such as increasing sales, creating brand recognition, or driving visitors to an online store or website.
So, before employing these messages, the intended target must be defined and begin to be set and prepared on this basis, as well as what sorts of material will be included through them and what CTA action your customers would want to take towards your store or website.
Advice from a professional? To draw consumer attention, make sure you highlight an icon or make it as distinct from the rest of the message content as possible in color and select differently.
One of the most recent types of emails used in recent email marketing strategies is that they are orderly, flexible, and effective, and their content is a compilation of more than one message over a specified period of time, such as a collection of news or a list of some products recently added to the store.
As illustrated in the preceding image, Quora sends its user customers a combination email including many news items, multiple opinions, and a solution to a question submitted by a user via the site.
We also noted that e-mail is one of the most essential marketing and promotional channels for companies, i.e., it is one of the most commonly utilized promotional tools in marketing and promotional campaigns, particularly during holidays, celebrations, and public events.
So it's common for promotional messages to be one of the most important types of e-mail marketing messages, and your inbox must now contain a promotional message from a brand. During any public holiday or purchasing season, promotional messages are the most effective means of achieving sales and effective deployment.
In the above image, we also show how the Xbandcart platform uses Black Friday and Cyber Monday to advertise discounts and offers for having an online shop selling items and services online.
This sort of communication is delivered when the brand launches a new product or service, or when you want to publicize an important event that your consumers will attend, and it allows you to do so professionally and successfully.
Of course, these communications must guarantee that cta is as plain as a form to register for the new course or transfer to the store to purchase the new product.
These messages are an excellent opportunity to advertise discount coupons and bromocodes to your customers for use when interacting with and purchasing from your store, as shown in the preceding image, an example of a market.com store informing customers via ad emails about the start of winter shopping discounts and offers.
Advice from a professional? Make it obvious to them what they stand to gain from this advertisement and how they can make the most of it.
This is one of the marketing techniques that requires money to acquire a new section of your target audience, so if you're looking to improve and build your business by reaching a new and different audience and obtaining a new prospective client group, this is the perfect option.
Of course, before launching the ad, you must first activate the funded or paid advertising strategy by identifying the target audience segment with its age, nationality, and demographic characteristics. The cost of this type of ad is appropriate and limited because you can pay for ppc, i.e., pay when someone interacts with the ad.
Event Invitation Emails
Organizing events or conferences costs a lot of money, and you may end up with a small number of attendees. So you may include it in event invitation emails and show subscribers what will happen, who will be there, the benefits of attending, and so on.
Users receive a lot of messages every day, and there isn't much time to read all of them, so you have to save them time by writing the information in a large and clear font, and don't forget to support your message with pictures because it can shorten a lot of time for readers to know the location, the date, and a lot of details instead of reading texts.
As previously shown, this is one of the Xbandcart platform's e-mails, which we send to our merchant customers in order for them to attend the weekly seminars, dates, and online courses, and we were keen to write a precise and clear text for the customer to understand what will be used and obtained when he attends this meeting, with details of the date, date, and speaker of the meeting, and the CTA was clear and prominent for the customer to click through it and register.
Expert advice? Design images within the mail message with a quality that suits the good visibility of all user devices and make sure they are attention-catching and high-resolution.
Figures and data on e-mail marketing are important
We must not neglect the most recent and relevant data on any topic we cover on our site since the figures and statistics we obtain from an important outcome or item are the ultimate proof to validate its success or failure in the first place.
Because e-mail is one of the most important marketing channels and no business can afford to ignore its use as a valuable tool and strategy when marketing the products or services it offers, you must first examine these statistics and numbers in depth to learn how much benefit your brand can derive from the e-mail marketing strategy. Here are the most important statistics.
E-mail user numbers:
- By 2019, there will be around 3.9 billion e-mail subscribers globally, with this figure predicted to rise to 4.3 billion by 2023.
- 92 percent of all people online use and skim their emails on a daily basis.
- The average number of e-mail users out of the total number of Internet users is 61%.
- More than 293 billion e-mails were sent and received daily in 2019, a very high rate of daily emails, and this pace is predicted to climb to 347 billion messages per day in 2022.
Numbers boost email click-through and open rates:
- According to a 2019 DMA estimate, the expected rate of return for every $1 invested in an e-mail marketing campaign is $42.
- The opening rate of welcome emails is 82 percent, according to GetResponse.
- When compared to emails without visual content, the use of visual content in emails increases the click rate by 96%.
- Customers who added items to their shopping basket and then left the site or store without taking any action saw a 69 percent increase in orders after sending three emails instead of one, indicating that emails are one of the most effective ways to increase revenue and entice customers to return for more purchases.
- When you include videos in your brand's email content, click rates can improve by up to 300 percent.
- B2B email marketing has a click rate that is 47% higher than B2C email campaigns.
- Emoji in emails increased opening and consumer contact rates by 775 percent between 2015 and 2016.
Email and brand statistics
- E-mail ranks third among marketing channels and platforms utilized by marketers by up to 87 percent, with social media platforms ranking first with 91 percent and the company's website or blog ranking second with 89 percent.
- In 2018, e-mail was used as the primary marketing strategy for customer acquisition by 81 percent of all SMEs.
- According to a survey of a specific customer segment, 49 percent of consumers want to receive a weekly promotional email from their favorite company.
- 86 percent of business owners and merchants prefer to communicate via e-mail for professional reasons.
- In terms of revenue generation, e-mail is the most important and effective marketing medium for 59 percent of B2B organizations and brands.
- It has been demonstrated that welcome emails can increase income by up to 320 percent.
- According to 73% of all new millennials, e-mail is the preferred marketing method for business connections with companies.
- The conversion rate for your shop or in-house campaign is 66% greater than the total number of clients that opened email on their mobile phones.
- 49 percent of all firms and brands that use e-mail as a marketing strategy use modern email automation technology.
Additional email addresses
- According to some research, using phrases like "give" or "pay" in an email address reduces message opening rates by up to 50% or more.
- Over 105 billion e-mails are also sent in the United States of America.
- 50% of e-mails are viewed on a mobile phone, and 23% of these users will return to these emails on a computer.
42 percent of emails are deleted because they are unsuitable for mobile phone viewing.
- Revenue from automated communications exceeds revenue from non-automated emails by 320 percent.
- As part of their brand's content marketing strategy, 77 percent of all B2B organizations publish newsletters via email.
- Emails sent expressly in the customer's name boost the opening rate by 26%, which leads us to the facts below.
- 47 percent of email recipients opened them based on the sender's email address and the first line of the message.
- Subscribers cancelled 59 percent of their memberships because they were irritated by the large number of emails sent to them urging them to opt out and continue.
- The unsubscribe rate is 43 percent as a result of the client's recognizing that the emails are not relevant to his or her interests.
Advice from a professional? If you need a quick way to build your email list, offer them something in exchange for their email address, such as e-books, reports, or online courses.
Register now Mailchimp